A complete pipetting cycle includes the steps of tip in […]
A complete pipetting cycle includes the steps of tip installation-volume setting-suction and discharge-removal of the tip. Each step has operating specifications that need to be followed.
1. Suction head installation
For a single-channel pipette, insert the tip of the pipette vertically into the tip, press lightly and turn it slightly to tighten it;
For a multi-channel pipette, align one pipette with a tip, insert it at an angle, and shake it back and forth slightly to tighten;
Do not repeatedly hit the pipette to ensure the air tightness of the tip. Assembling the tip in this way for a long time will cause the parts of the pipette to loosen due to strong impact, and even cause the knob to adjust the scale to get stuck.
2. Capacity setting
When adjusting from a large volume to a small volume, just rotate it counterclockwise to the scale; when adjusting from a small volume to a large volume, you can adjust the set volume clockwise first, and then return to the set volume to ensure better accuracy.
Do not turn the adjusting knob out of the range, otherwise the mechanical device in the pipette will be damaged.
3. Suction and discharge
Press the button of aspiration pipette to the first position, release the button, and perform aspiration. Remember not to be too fast, otherwise the liquid will enter the tip too fast and the liquid will be sucked into the pipette. Put the liquid close to the container wall, first press to the first level, pause for a while, and then press to the second level to drain the remaining liquid.
4. The correct placement of the pipette
After use, you can hang it upright on the pipette holder, but be careful not to fall off. When there is liquid in the pipette tip, do not place the pipette horizontally or upside down to prevent the liquid from flowing back and corroding the piston spring.
If not in use, adjust the range of the pipette gun to the maximum scale, so that the spring is in a relaxed state to protect the spring.
What are the characteristics of pipettes
1. Maintenance is simple and flexible, and each channel can be disassembled separately.
2. High accuracy and accuracy, and reliable pipetting results.
3. Accurate range setting: four-digit digital volume display (clearly visible from all angles).
4. The volume setting is fast and safe, and the range lock design prevents the wrong volume setting.
5. It can be sterilized by high temperature and high pressure.
6. Color identification: quickly identify the pipette range and adaptable tips.
7. The upper half of the circular design, no finger grooves, can be operated at any angle.
8. The channel indicator can ensure the same directionality when the pipette is working.
9. The elastic suction nozzle ensures the air tightness of the suction head assembly and the uniformity of pipetting, which can reduce the force of assembling the suction head (freely open/close).
10. The double-sided range lock and the top outer edge are composed of stainless steel, which is sturdy and durable, and fully protects external vulnerable parts and internal precision parts.